Not sure what to give the teenagers in your life this holiday season? The iProspect team is here to help: Just buy them what they are buying for themselves.
Our newly released infographic, “Find the Right Holiday Gift for Today’s Teen”, showcases how teens’ spending habits vary in different geographic locations. With this data, we hope you’ll be able to make informed decisions when it comes to buying holiday gifts this year.
Teens continue to be an influential demographic. Last year, $208.7 billion was spent on products by and for the 25.6 million teens in the US. Our research shows:
- 45% of teens still receive an allowance, with those in the Northeast getting more than their peers in other parts of the US.
- 69% of those teens receiving an allowance take in at least $25/month.
- An 18-year-old girl in the West enjoys dining out and reading books/magazines – buy her restaurant gift cards or a Kindle.
- A 13-year-old boy in the Northeast loves technology/gadgets – buy him an iPad Mini or the new Xbox 360
- Family and friends are the biggest influencer on teen spending behaviors, followed closely by social media.
Want to learn more? View our infographic now: “Find the Right Holiday Gift for Today’s Teen”